Kesler's agent, Kurt Overhardt, told TFP's Editor-in-Chief David Pagnotta on Wednesday night that the report was not trade, calling it "B.S."
Overhardt relayed the same message to the Denver Post.
Despite the denial, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told TFP the information was accurate and Kesler is hoping for a change of scenery.
The Canucks had been fielding calls for Kesler since prior to the Olympic break, and talks remain ongoing.
On Thursday afternoon, Kesler spoke to the media and refuted the claims, calling them "completely false."
"I never commented to anyone that I wanted out," he said. "My heart is with this group and making the playoffs."
Kesler, 29, has two-years left on his contract beyond this season, at $5 million per season, and owns a no-trade clause.
It's believed the Detroit Red Wings, Columbus Blue Jackets, New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers all have interest in Kesler, along with several other clubs.
If a deal is not struck by the March 5 trade deadline, the Canucks are expected to explore a move in the summer.