"I like it here, of course. Then again, there are two sides to it," Boyle told the paper. "They've got to want me back, so we'll see how it plays out. I don't have anything to go on right now. I believe I'm part of the solution and not part of the problem moving forward. We'll see what happens."
Boyle, who is in the last year of a six-year, $40 million contract, has yet to hear if the Sharks want him back, as Sharks GM Doug Wilson refused to comment player activity when speaking to the media on Friday.
Wilson has given head coach Todd McLellan and his staff a vote of confidence and if he remains the club's GM he plans on keeping his bench boss.
As for Boyle, he hopes contract talks can pick up in the near future.
"I understand where I'm at. I'm not looking for three-four years, but I've got more than one," Boyle said. "I think that there's going to be a lot of talk about my age and me moving forward, and the decline of my game, which I've heard a lot. But I'm proud the way I finished the season. How I played in the playoffs."
Meanwhile, Sharks goaltender Alex Stalock is also set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer and hopes to stay.
"I really like it here," Stalock told the Mercury news. "It's the only organization I've been on, and they've been great to me since day one, and with everything I've been through, it's been handled great. I can only say good stuff."
Stalock, 26, made $625,000 this season and will be due for a raise on his next season.