September 4, 2010 // 9:44am ET
Ducks actively trying to re-sign Ryan
TheFourthPeriod.com

Contract talks between the Anaheim Ducks and forward Bobby Ryan have picked up a notch, according to the Orange County Register.

The two sides held negotiations yesterday and plan on meeting again after Labor Day weekend.

"We had a discussion (Friday) and we've agreed to do some reflection over the weekend on what we've talked about and get back to each other," Ryan's agent Don Meehan told the Register. "We've agreed to meet again next week."

It's believed Ryan is looking for a three-year contract, while the Ducks originally wanted something longer, having already offered him a five-year, $25 million contract.

The Register reports the Ducks might be willing to give Ryan a three-year deal, but not at $5 million per season.

Meanwhile, veteran forward Teemu Selanne told Finnish newspaper Helsingin Sanomat this season would be "my last season on the ice."

Selanne, 40, signed a one-year, $3.25 million contract with the Ducks last month.

Files from: Orange County Register

[ From the Editor ]
Visit TFP Editor David Pagnotta's TWITTER page for frequent comments and updates on trades and free agency.
 

 


Contact Us | Jobs @ TFP | Advertise | Privacy Policy
 
© 2010 TFP Media, Inc. | All Rights Reserved | The Fourth Period™ and Ice Girls™ are registered trademarks.